Black Benefactors provides grants and in-kind support to non-profit organizations in the Washington, DC metropolitan area that serve the African American community. Our funding focus areas are education, health, housing, technology and youth.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Nonprofits with a current 501c3 status (not pending status) or using a 501c3 as a fiscal sponsor
- Annual operating budget of $ 500,000 or less
- Serve at least a 50% African American clientele
- Provide services in the Washington, DC metropolitan area: Washington, DC; Montgomery County, MD; Prince George’s County, MD; Arlington County, VA; Fairfax County, VA; the city of Alexandria, VA; the city of Fairfax, VA; and the city of Falls Church, VA
- In good standing with the IRS (submitted most recent form 990 if applicable)
- Active board of directors
HOW MUCH IS AVAILABLE?
Past grant awards have ranged from $500 to $7,500. Our grantees also receive in-kind support from Black Benefactors members. Examples of in-kind support include communications/marketing, group volunteer projects, social media and fundraising/development.
Grants can be made for program or general operating support.
HOW TO APPLY
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.